Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pray for the Italians.


I've only been to Italy once. I'll never forget that trip, not only because of all the beautiful things I saw and delectible food I ate, but also and primarily, because of the wonderful Italian people. That is why my heart is just breaking for the people there, who've been so greatly affected by the earthquakes this week. They've not only lost friends, but they've lost history.

The buildings in Italy ARE art and craft, in every detail...buildings that lean, in most countries, would be torn down. Not so, in Italy! How about the angel wings that flap in the wind, on the top of this building in Lucca? (note: these cities were not affected by the earthquake, to my knowledge.)

Callalilies, freshly cut with a scythe, by local ladies, heading to the cemetery. Roadside poppies.

Cemetery statuary that would put most "public artwork" to shame!

"I beseech thee........ ...........pray for the Italians!"









(Lord, comfort them in their grief.)

1 comment:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I'm praying.
Beautiful photos, Liz!